Permanent Residency Card is given to eligible categories in accordance with Law No. 10 of 2018 according to specific regulations that the applicant deserves for him/her self and his / her family members under the age of 18 years, as per the report published in the Ministry of Interior portal.
In the provisions of Articles 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, the law specifies a number of privileges that the holder of a Permanent Residency Card enjoys:
1. Entry into and exit from the State during the period of validity without obtaining permission or authorization.
2. Access to treatment and education in government institutions within the State in accordance with the conditions and controls issued by a decision of the Council of Ministers.
3. The spouse of the holder of the Permanent Residence Card and his/her children until the age of 18 years shall enjoy the privileges granted to the holder of the Permanent Residence Card in residence, health and education.
4. Investment in the activities of the sectors of the national economy, which shall be determined by a decision of the Council of Ministers without a Qatari partner, provided that the company is established in accordance with the provisions of the law governing the commercial companies.
5. Ownership of real estate for housing and investment in the areas specified, in accordance with the conditions and controls to be determined by a decision of the Council of Ministers.
For more details on how to check the eligibility and applying procedure, you may visit this page: